PPL for Parents:
Early Literacy Development & Later Success in School
with Linda Martin
Tuesday April 17 | 6:30 – 7:45
Portsmouth Public Library
Portsmouth Public Library presents PPL for Parents, an ongoing series of talks & workshops for parents.
Join Linda Martin, M.Ed., CAGS, AOGPE, a reading tutor and organizational coach at the Portsmouth Neuropsychology Center, to learn:
• An overview of the general progression of early literacy skill development
• The connection of early reading experiences to other skill development
• Strategies to promote reading development
• An introduction to New Hampshire RSA and impact on struggling readers
• Red flags of potential reading concerns and intervention methods
Linda began her teaching career after graduating from the University of Maine, Orono, with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a teaching certificate for grades K-8. She earned a Master’s Degree in Education and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies from Plymouth State University, where she also served as a Lecturer in the Childhood Studies department. Linda has also supervised student teachers and worked as a middle school administrator. Linda is certified by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators for reading instruction. She specializes in reading, writing, and handwriting tutoring as well as executive skills coaching with children, adolescents, and adults.
Learn more about Portsmouth Neuropsychology at www.portsmouthneuro.com.