Community Congregational Church of Greenland will hold its 52nd annual Christmas Fair on Saturday, December 2 from 8:30 AM to 2 PM at the Greenland Parish House on Post Road/Route 151 in Greenland Center. There is no admission for this community holiday event and it will feature two floors of merchandise and activities including:
– A Cookie Walk with hundreds of homemade cookies
– Tables of jewelry, gourmet goodies and desserts
– Beautiful handcrafted holiday items made by members of our church
– Visit from Santa at 11 am plus children’s shopping room
– “Nearly New” and holiday décor rooms with bargains galore
– Hot lunch, coffee, tea and cider
The fair’s Silent and Live Auction will be at the center of the event, featuring local artwork and handmade items, restaurant gift certificates, passes to area attractions, holiday decorations, gift baskets, and more.
Community Congregational Church, a member of the United Church of Christ, was founded by Greenland town leaders in 1706. The church’s sanctuary at the corner of Post Road and Portsmouth Avenue was built 261 years ago and is a familiar landmark at the corner of Route 151 and Portsmouth Avenue. Sunday services are held at 10 am, led by Rev. Robert Fellows, with Sunday School and childcare available. The church is also a founding congregation of the Seacoast Family Promise, runs a weekly food pantry, and is involved in a number of local, national and international mission efforts.